Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are limiting the number of visitors allowed in the office. Visitors must wear a mask and maintain social distancing guidelines. Visitors may be asked to wait outside the office. You may continue to submit all permits and business licenses to PO Box 1656 Lovelock, NV 89419. Permits only may be submitted via email to [email protected] or [email protected]. Please feel free to call our office at (775)273-2700, to address any questions you may have.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your cooperation.
The Building Department is responsible for issuing all permits for new construction, remodels, septic systems and manufactured homes. Numerous handouts are available to help with your project. Inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
Building Department Applications and Handouts
Effective June 21, 2017, the Pershing County Building Department has adopted the 2012 building codes and will no longer be utilizing 2003 codes. If you need further information please call our office at (775) 273-2700. We also have the ability to now issue permits over the counter for certain building projects and have new forms to assist you with your building projects, please take a look at them for further details.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Building Department Applications and Handouts18 documents
- Building Permit Application
- Permit Fee Estimator
- Septic Permit Application
- NAC Standards for Septic install
- Manufactured Home Setup Guide
- Manufactured Home Application
- 2012 Northern Nevada Code Amendments
- Residential Guidelines
- Post Frame or Pole Building (Non-Engineered)
- Commercial Building Guide
- Owner Builder Affidavit (Revised 03-01-2013)
- Pershing County Grading Permit Handout
- Floodplain Building Permit Application
Development Code Divisions9 documents
- Table of Contents
- Development Code History
- Division One - Introduction and Organization
- Division Two - Area Plan Regulations
- Division Three - Regulation of Uses
- Division Four - Subdivision Regulations
- Division Five - Development Regulations
- Division Six - Procedures
- Division Seven - General Provisions